Here is a recap of some of the links and resources I’ve mentioned during my presentations:
- The VMware vs. Microsoft Blog Series - the entire series covers many of the differences between the products and goes deeper on some features than we were able to cover at the one day event. Of particular interest is the “Shopping for Private Clouds” post.
- The Comparison Whitepaper - A pretty comprehensive feature comparison, good place to start your research.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - there are at least 4 new sessions specifically around System Center.
- Build It Yourself - If you want to do a similar setup of the HOL environment at your desk or in you lab you can download Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 or the full version of Windows Server 2012 R2 using the links in the right side navigation bar. --->> For tips on getting started, visit this post. (The contest is over, but the instructions can still get you started!)
- If you want some additional instructions for building labs in-house, please visit Tommy Patterson's Blog, where he provides lots of step-by-step guides. Tommy is one of my IT Pro Evangelist colleagues on the East Coast.
Fellow Evangelists Matt Hester and Tommy Patterson will be presenting and while you won’t be able to be “hands on” yourself, Matt and Tommy will doing some of the demos. Keith Mayer, Yung Chou and I will be manning the chat room, so feel free to say hello!
For future virtualization related events coming in 2014, be sure to visit TechNet Events.